GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Rack and hoist vehicles for inspection.
• Complete written vehicle inspection with regard to tire service.
• Fleet inspections.
• Scrap tire analysis.
• Instruct other Tire Technicians in performing tire repair and general service.
• Dispatch (where applicable).
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Insure that service truck, all tools and equipment are in good operating condition.
• Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections at the beginning of each work day and immediately report operating problems or
mechanical defects to the Service Manager.
• Check all fluid levels in truck and air compressor during pre-trip inspection.
• Maintain vehicle cleanliness (inside & out).
• Perform jobs using proper and safe procedures at all times.
• Use personal protective equipment according to regulations and policies.
• Maintain standards of cleanliness.
• Maintain supply stock of tread rubber and repair materials and advise manager when replenishment is necessary.
• Maintain equipment in good working order. Notify manager immediately of defects.
• Be able to perform all duties/tasks of Tire Tech 1 and 2
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-250 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance.
• Operate forklift as required with proper certification.
• Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
• Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
• Frequent bending, twisting and lifting.
• Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
• Types of repairs necessary.
• Material to best complete the service work requested.
• Determine if replacement or repair is necessary.