GCR is one of the nation’s largest full service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The goal as dispatcher is to be the first source of contact resolving tire issues, problems and reducing down time for our customers and to assure a source of confidence we are here to help.
To manage the daily activities of the dispatch department. These activities include but are not limited to:
1. Creating and maintaining a positive work attitude in the dispatch department towards all customers and employees.
2. Communicate with Manager and Supervisor on a daily basis.
3. Receive and enter all incoming calls for immediate dispatch on computer data program.
4. Schedule and dispatch technicians/service trucks to customer locations as called in or requested.
5. Arrange for necessary repairs in order to restore service and schedules.
6. Relay work orders to service managers to complete service request.
7. Prepare daily/weekly run schedules and maintain man hours.
8. Start work orders and invoice as required.
9. Train all new dispatch candidates to company required standards.
10. Monitor GPS equipped trucks for dispatch as required.
11. Constantly monitor efficiency with drivers and guiding them to on call locations using the quickest directions.
12. Communicate with customer at all times if response time is mis-communicated or over promised.
13. Track and file all monthly required reports.
14. Implement safety standards and follow up on any violations as needed.
15. Assist in quarterly inventories and maintain security of products and control
16. Must be available to work rotating shifts and weekends.