GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Diagnose and repair to specs: brake and hydraulic, exhaust systems.
• Removal, installation, adjustment, rebuilding and replacing of shoes disc pads, bearings, shock absorbers, mufflers, tail
• Perform electronic tune-ups, wheel alignments.
• Advise vehicle owners of mechanical problems and suggest appropriate means of repair.
• Road test vehicles and perform vehicle inspection/courtesy checks.
• Maintain Company standards of cleanliness, orderliness, and appearance of space and equipment.
• Maintain operating efficiency of tools and equipment, arranging repairs, recommending additional items, etc.
• Maintain A.S.E. certifications.
• Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay or become
more proficient in automotive diagnosis and repair.
• Comply with Company safety policies.
• Assist and instruct other mechanics in performing diagnostic and repair services (this dependent on the level of
• Any other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
Frequent bending, twisting and lifting over 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations,vibrations.
Oil and other slippery substances on floors at times.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
Types of repairs necessary.
Material to best complete the service work requested.
Determine if replacement or repair is necessary.
Position further requires:
Reading, writing, and math skills.
Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people.
Certified in specialized area of automotive system diagnoses and repair within 2 years of hire.