GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Bridgestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CUSTOMER SERVICE – 95%
• Load and unload tires.
• Picks-up and delivers finished retreads, and tires to be retreaded.
• Secures work orders from customers for tires picked up and signs delivery tickets for finished work delivered.
• Solicits customers for sales of stock retreads.
• Secures all possible retreadable tires for processing.
• Makes collections from customers for merchandise delivered on a C.O.D. basis.
• Makes list of prospective customers along the designated route to supply the Store Manager with sales follow up
• Any other duties as assigned.
VEHICLE MAINTENANCE – 5%
• Ensures good mechanical operation of vehicle.
• Schedules maintenance of vehicle.
• Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections at the beginning of each work day and immediately report operating problems or
mechanical defects to the Retread Plant Manager or designee.
• Maintain vehicle cleanliness (inside & out).
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-250 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance.
• Operate forklift as required with proper certification.
• Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
• Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
• Requires sitting and driving for long periods of time.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
INDEPENDENT - Adhere to DOT guidelines and perform job in a safe manner.